Thing To Eat
Learn the secrets of authentic Cambodian cuisine with local chefs in this half-day cooking class departing from Siem Reap. Head to a rural village for an interactive and hands-on class before creating your own traditional and delicious Cambodian meal.
Featured Images & Videos
- Join a 100% hands-on, interactive, and authentic cooking experience in a Cambodian village
- Learn the tips and tricks behind Khmer cuisine from local chefs
- Take a cooking class in a beautiful outdoor location
- Go for a walk through the village and get an insight into the local way of life
- Meet a local family and visit their home, kitchen, and vegetable garden
- After finishing the class, sit back and relax as your dishes are served to you
Try your hand at making delicious and authentic Cambodian meals, and learn the tips and tricks of the country’s traditional cuisine from your expert local chefs. Leaving from Siem Reap aboard a tuk tuk, you’ll arrive at a rural village after a short trip outside the city.
Each cooking class starts with a visit to a local family. Along the way you'll learn about the herbs and vegetables that are grown at most Khmer households and are used in daily cooking. Then, visit a local family's home and take the opportunity to learn about food preparation in a Khmer home.
Following this visit, head to a nearby pavilion to get your cooking class started. Together with your chef and guide you will create several dishes that you can then re-produce at home. Learn about the typical ingredients in Cambodian cooking and get the opportunity to experience Cambodian cooking first hand.
Classes are completely hands-on. Everyone will have his or her own cooking station and equipment. Classes include a number of Cambodian different dishes, and a recipe card will be provided.
At the end of the class you can sit back in the wooden pavilion, perched over a charming pond filled. Your dishes will be served to you one by one, letting you enjoy and compare dishes accompanied by a complimentary ice-cold beer, soft drink, or bottled water.
After you have enjoyed your meal, a waiting tuk-tuk will return you to the centrally located tour office.
Learn to create some (or all) of these delicious dishes!
Morning Class Menu:
Cambodian Mango Salad –
Using fresh and light ingredients, this is a salad everyone will enjoy. A perfect tropical feast.
Fish Amok –
Amok is on every visitors 'must do' list. Cooked in a young coconut, Amok is a smooth curry that can be made with either fish, chicken, or tofu.
Sticky Rice Balls with Palm Sugar and Grated Young Coconut
Afternoon Class Menu:
Prahet Chien –
Minced fish on sugar cane
Cambodian Curry –
Unlike its Thai neighbor, Cambodian foods do not tend to be hot and spicy, relying instead on layers of fragrant spices.
Nom Tong Noun – Khmer brandy snaps
This delicious, slightly sweet treat is impossible to resist.
- Tuk Tuk pick-up from your hotel to the cooking class venue and return to the Beyond office at the end of the tour
- Experienced English-speaking chef and guide
- Village walking tour and talk with local villagers
- Complimentary soft drink, beer, or water
- Recipe book
- Lunch (eat what you cook!)